TOPGREENER now carries a PVC floor box designed for concrete slab installation in new construction. You can save 10% off this product at Topgreener.com by using the following coupon code: PVCFB10. This coupon will expire after Black Friday 2017.
The ENLC001 is a 6” high non-metallic Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) floor box housing with four 1-inch parallel conduit hubs. This high-strength floor box is constructed of rigid non-corroding and non-conducting plastic material. It has 114 cubic inches of capacity and can be used in concrete slabs, wood floors, tile floors, and marble floors. The design allows for customization of lids with compatible Enerlites products. It is suitable for residential or light commercial applications.
Adapter Rings Compatibility
The ENLC001AR is a non-metallic PVC adapter ring that allows for mounting of a standard duplex outlet receptacle inside the pattress. It can be combined with the PVC ENLC001LR leveling ring to create a grounded connection. Both the adapter ring and leveling ring measure 4.75” in diameter.
Metallic Cover Compatibility
These hard material covers provide access to a 1-gang outlet, and protect them with secure watertight lids. Each one measures 5.69″ in diameter. They can be mounted with the PVC floor box for a flush installation on your flooring.
Tamper-Resistant Receptacles Compatibility
The ENLC001 wire box will work with any standard size duplex outlet receptacle, such as Enerlites 61580-TR . It can be combined with the ENLC001AR adapter ring for a custom power outlet solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Polyvinyl Chloride PVC material?
- PVC is a thermoplastic resin that is often used in flooring applications. It is sometimes known as Vinyl. The material is made 57% chlorine (derived from industrial grade salt) and 43% carbon (derived predominantly from oil / gas via ethylene). You can learn more about PVC at http://www.pvc.org.
What are the Benefits of PVC material?
- PVC is one of the most used plastics in the world due to its exceptional versatility. number of products using PVC material grows by an average rate of 5% per year. It is also one of the eco-friendliest materials because it is low-carbon and consumes less primary energy than many other similar materials. The low requirement of natural resources needed to make PVC helps to combat climate change. It is also easy to recycle. In addition, PVC also has a great longevity factor. The service life of PVC water and sewage piping is more than 100 years! Many products, such as cars, last longer simply because PVC protects the underside from water and corrosion.
What are the differences between a PVC floor box and metal floor boxes?
- Floor boxes made with PVC material can withstand corrosion. They require less maintenance and are built to last a lifetime.
What is a better option for installation, PVC or steel?
- PVC floor boxes are recommended for new construction installation when working with concrete slabs. Both choices are acceptable for installation in wood, tile, or marble surfaces, but PVC boxes offer additional benefits, such as water resistance, fire resistance, durability, and being environmentally friendly.
What type of warranty does TOPGREENER offer for the PVC floor box?
- TOPGREENER products are all backed by a 1-year warranty against product defects. An extended warranty is also available for customers who register their products at the following link. https://www.topgreener.com/warranty/